Dateline April 25th, 2013. Four riders, 104 Miles and six + hours of riding
Today was yet another example of how THPL plays out in real life, not just on the pages of a Blog. And so I thought I could take a different path today with the blog and send you my top ten list from today.
- Florida really is flat – 104 miles, 400 feet of elevation gain – that is fun
- Two of our riders set personal best distances with the 104 mile ride. They did so because they set out the goal to be on the bike tour – 300 miles, three days – They started by believing anything is possible and today they proved that
- You can actually complete the Moby Flower Sally challenge in the middle of a 104 mile bike ride. I was challenged and I was able to deliver
- Sunscreen only works when you rub it into your skin – otherwise you get the proverbial “farmers tan”
- When confronted with 20 mph headwinds it is best to allow others to “break the wind” and for you to draft off of them.
- You can eat potato chips and Kind Bars at every rest stop and not grow tired of them
- A great support team makes even the toughest of events tolerable. And we had the best support team today - you can see this again and again in life.
- You can send instagrams while biking and thus everyone can know instantly where you are.
- Other people (like our HS kids in South Florida) start to believe that they can dream when they see others doing hard things and succeeding.
- There is nothing like looking forward to day 2 !!!!
Loving life on a bike in a very, very big way