As I walked the Hynes Convention Center today to get my number (#9956) for the Boston Marathon for the 2014 version of the race I was struck by one central theme that permeated the event. Don’t Forget. And while it certainly has a very direct applicability for everyone involved In the event I realized that this theme can have a broader and deeper meaning for each of us in our everyday THPL lives. And so I thought that a few reminders relating to this theme were worthy of note and reflection. The hope is that each of us will take each point and internalize it and then add a few of our own to the list. A longer list can only be good for all of us.
- Don’t forget those directly affected by the tragedy that occurred at the Boston Marathon last year. Keep them in your heart forever.
- Don’t forget those people who helped you in difficult times
- Don’t forget that how you treat others can affect them for a very long time
- Don’t forget that your happiness is your choice – not that of someone else
- Don’t forget that you really are better than you think you are
Loving life and the memories that come with it.